The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific with a result that is either measurable or defined.
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows several months or seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: March 1, 2016
1. Lose 30 pounds (0/30)
2. Drink more water.
3. Maintain a workout schedule.
4. Practice yoga at least 3 days a week.
5. Run/walk every day.
6. Continue going to the dentist to have my teeth fixed.
7. Take my vitamins and herbs daily.
8. Go to the gym regularly.
9. Continue a “crunchy” lifestyle.
10. Get B12 shots monthly.
11. Do a yearly “cleanse” (1/2).
12. Build up savings account to equal 6 months of salary (0/6).
13. Pay off one of Beena’s student loans.
14. Pay off credit cards and outstanding loan.
15. Put coupon savings into Capitol One account. Try to save $1,000 (0/1,000).
16. Find more ways to make extra cash.
17. Pay off one extra mortgage payment a year.
Revamp my 401K. Done.
19. Follow my budget
20. Pare down my spending.
21. Use up all the gift cards in my wallet.
Friends, Family and Home
22. Follow a weekly meal plan.
23. Try a new recipe once a month from Pinterest(12/33).
Teach Zombiegirl how to cook. Done- she took a cooking class in college!
Practice OAMC (0/34). This is impractical. I’m taking it off the list.
25. Meet a long lost friend for lunch/dinner/coffee.
26. Go out with the girls.
27. Have an annual Christmas Cookie Exchange. (2016. We’re skipping 2017)
28. Have a couple of Bunco nights.
Do something special for Dad’s 80th birthday (he didn’t want to do anything).
30. Plan a vacation.
Plan our 20th Wedding Anniversary celebration. Came and went. We’ll try for the Silver Anniversary.
Do something special for Zombiegirl’s high school graduation. Took everyone out for Indian food.
33. Send handmade birthday cards and greeting cards to everyone in my calendar.
35. Run a 5K.
36. Make one of mom’s recipes once a month. (0/33)
Sew stuff for Jackson and Elena. This is continuous. I’m always sewing stuff for them.
38. Finish all the unfinished projects in my office.
39. Make all my own Christmas cards. (1/2)
40. Make 50% of all my Christmas gifts. (2/3)
Make an article of clothing and wear it to work. Done!
42. Repaint my office.
Learn how to crochet a granny square. Done!
44. Finish my Christmas stocking. Again.
45. Make a queen size quilt for our bedroom.
46. Make a full size quilt for the beach house.
47. Finish soccer quilt (to take to games).
48. Draw up plans for the dollhouse.
49. Finish putting together dollhouse and electrifying it.
Crochet another quilt in 2017. (Done two!. Spicier Life CAL for Elena’s first birthday And one for Beena and John.)
Start up my etsy shop again and sell something Done! Santa Letters!
52. Make something from all patterns purchased so far.
53. Visit 2 cities I’ve never been to before. (1/2- Boston 4/17)
54. Hike 2 more sections of the Appalachian trail, one of them overnight. (0/2)
Kayak. (Kayaked with April in Hilton Head, 2017)
56. Play “tourist” in NY once a month (6/33).
Try five new restaurants (5/5).
58. See a ballgame at Yankee Stadium.
59. Visit Homer Laughlin China Co. in Newel, WV.
See one Broadway show a year (2/2) Saw Hedwig with Robyn and Kinkyboots with April! Done!
Take a class and learn something new (Deb taught me how to crochet granny squares, so Done!.
Just for Me
62. Get my Pistol Permit
63. Transfer all our videotapes to DVDs.
64. Send one old home movie film to be converted to DVD every month.
Finish all the girl’s scrapbooks Done the week after Zombiegirl graduated!
66. Harvest 100 pounds of honey a year and keep the bees alive.
Plant vegetables in the garden. Done- planted tomatoes, zucchini, hot peppers, eggplants, pumpkin, strawberries, lettuce and watermelon. Already planning next years garden!
68. Use the pressure canner to can and preserve meat and veggies.
Keep a garden journal for home and beach house. Done!
Go through all the closets in my office. Tidy.Done!
Watch all the seasons of Downton Abbey. Done!
Cross one more thing off my bucket list (1/1- Made macarons!).
73. Learn the basics of Photoshop.
74. Learn more about DSLR Photography.
75. Learn how to make a blog template using html and Photoshop.
76. Become conversational in Spanish.
77. Write more. Finish a few chapters.
78. Watch all the Academy Award winning movies. With popcorn. (6/89) (West Side Story 1962, THe Sound of Music 1965, The Godfather 1972, The Sting 1974, Rocky 1976, Kramer vs. Kramer 1979, Terms of Endearment 1983, Amadeus 1994, Rain Man 1988, Driving Miss Daisy 1989, Dances with Wolves 1990, Silence of the Lambs 1991, Forrest Gump 1994, Braveheart 1995, The English Patient 1996, Titanic 1997, Shakespeare in Love 1998, Ameerican Beauty 1999, A Beautiful Mind 2001, Chicago 2002, TLOTR 2003, Million Dollar Baby 2004, No Country for Old Men 2007, Slumdog Millionaire 2008, The Hurt Locker 2009, The Kings Speech 2010, Argo 2012, 12 Years a Slave 2013, Birdman 2014, Spotlight 2015)
79. Blog more/change blog.
Get, raise and keep chickens Done! Six happy girls.
81. Make basement into family room.
82. Finish the downstairs bathroom.
83. Carpeting for the upstairs hallway
Re-grout the countertops. Done!
Paint the downstairs hallway Done!
86. Make a fountain for the backyard.
87. Finish walkways in backyard.
88. Draw up plans for a tiny house.
Find a new place to worship- Hello Bethlemhem Assembly of God!
Find and listen to inspirational podcasts. I really hate podcasts. Not doing this.
91. Revisit my happy list in the blog. Frequently.
92. Keep a monthly journal. Sketch in it.
93. See beauty everyday.
94. Start Stitch a Day embroidery for 2018.
95. Practice Random Acts of Kindness.
Volunteer. Done! I joined the WH Lions Club and I’m in orientation for Literacy Nassau- teaching adults how to read.
97. A pistol.
A new laptop. Done!
99. A Kayak.
100. Backpack and other hiking equipment.
A car. Done! We bought a Jeep Renegade.