I can’t believe my due date for my 101 in 1001 list has come! Back when I started in 2009, 2012 seemed so far away! My start date was August 5, 2009, and the end date was May 12, 2012. Before I post my new list, let’s see how far I failed on the old one:
1. Lose 30 pounds (2/30).
2. Fit into old pair of jeans- the ones in my bottom drawer.
3. Complete 6 sessions with Mike, my trainer. I’ve completed 24 sessions with Mike, and I’m now on my own.
4. Maintain a workout schedule of at least 3 days a week at the gym.
5. Practice yoga at least 4 days a week.
6. No cheating with bacon. Or meatballs. Unless it’s deer.
7. Have a green salad once a day.
8. Cut back the pre-made veggie burgers to once a week.
9. Buy and use the Diva Cup. (Done! 09/09)
10. Continue going to the dentist to have my teeth fixed.
11. Take my vitamins and herbs daily.
12. Put makeup on everyday. At home, before I leave. Not at work or on the train.
13. Blog about the progress of these Body items on the first of every month.
Looks like I pretty much failed on everything except putting on my makeup every day and buying (then losing) my beloved Diva Cup. I suck and I’m fat.
14. Build up savings account to equal 6 months of salary.
15. Fix credit report. (Done 1/18/10)
16. Refinance the house.
17. Get quotes on new insurance for house and car. (9/10. Got the quotes, now in the process of changing insurance companies. Buh-bye old insurance.)
18. Secure 2 more years of student loans for Beena. (Beena’s in grad school, and has secured her own payment for the year.)
19. Sell stuff on Ebay. (MR has become our eBay guru. He has more time to put stuff on and ship it out. He’s put a ton of stuff on for me, so I’m getting rid of things and I don’t have to do the work!)
20. Transfer coupon savings into ING account. Try to save $700 a year.
Didn’t save, didn’t hit lotto, either. I did manage to pay off all my credit cards, fix my credit report and have modified my mortgage into easier payments. Money, for once, is not an all-consuming worry.
Family and Friends
21. Arrange ceremony to scatter Mom’s ashes. (Done 10/25/09)
22. Spend more time with Dad.
23. Attend Beena’s college graduation. (Done 5/18/10- Congratulations, Beena!)
24. Attend Zombiegirl’s 5th grade graduation. (Done- 6/24/10- Congratulations, Z-girl!)
25. Communion for Zombiegirl. (Done 4/11/10)
26. Celebrate Beena’s 21st birthday in a big way.
Be active in PTA for 5th grade. I really don’t like the PTA board/participants this year, so I’m revising this to read “Be more active in PTA in 6th grade.”
28. Write or email my aunts regularly.
29. Make and follow family meal plan. Remember to keep it healthy.
30. Meet a long lost friend for lunch.
31. Have a “no reason” dinner party.
32. Go shopping more with the girls. (Coats, Shower gifts, birthday shopping)
33. Yearly camping trip or rent a house with soccer families. (2/3)
34. Yearly “Mom’s” overnight trip. (1/3- Vermont with one of my “Moms”)
35. Go out with “Mom’s” once a month. (2/33-Texas Roadhouse, Nails with J)
36. Plan MR and my 50th birthday party or vacation.
37. Send handmade birthday cards to everyone in my calendar. And NOT late.
38. Do not gossip or rant about friends to friends.
Ditched a lot of relationships in my life therefore didn’t do half the things I had planned. It’s all good, however. I’m happier and less stressed.
40. Finish all the alterations on that pile of clothes in the sewing room.
41. Build up my Etsy shop and sell something.
42. Make all my own Christmas cards. (2/3)
43. Make 50% of all my Christmas gifts. (2/3)
44. Make enough merchandise to rent my own table at craft sales. I decided to NOT do any craft sales in 2010. I’m going to concentrate on getting all my unfinished crafts done so I can book lots of sales in 2011. This will also help in #46…
45. Make an article of clothing and wear it to work.
46. Clean out and organize sewing room.
47. Make mirror for living room using broken Fiesta pieces.
48. Learn how to crochet a granny square.
49. Finish MR’s Christmas stocking. (the cross stitching is done, I have to sew the stocking together.)
A change of direction leading me to a new business venture caused a lot of this to be put on the back burner as well. The main accomplishment was finishing MR’s Christmas stocking as well as some fabulous new crafts.
50. Visit 2 states I’ve never been to before. (0/2)
51. Hike 2 more sections of the Appalachian trail. Overnite. (0/2)
52. Take a “real” family vacation. (1/1- Done! Trip to Puerto Rico in August 2010)
53. Play “tourist” in NY once a month. (1/33 Howe Caverns/Albany trip)
54. Try five new restaurants. (5/5- Ted’s Montana Grill, Cool Moose Cafe, 4/21-Brick Lane Curry House, 5/1- Texas Roadhouse, 5/18- Carmella’s in Franklin Square- Multiple restuarants in PR)
55. Go to new Citi Field and new Yankee Stadium. (1/2- Let’s Go Mets! Citifield 5/10/10- Mets vs. Nationals)
Not too shabby- we did manage to go to Puerto Rico and I did get to try some new restaurants. It was tough doing anything due to some minor money issues…
Just for Me
56. Get my Pistol Permit
57. Upload all our CD’s into our hard drive
58. Scrapbook 2008 photos in 2011.
59. Scrapbook 2007 photos in 2010.
60. Scrapbook 2006 photos in 2009. Since this didn’t happen, scrapbook 2006 photos in 2010.
61. Finish Beena’s school scrapbook.
62. Help dad get the Mustang on the road.
63. Get passports for the whole family.
64. Cross 3 things off my bucket list. (1/3- Swam with Bioluminescent Plankton in PR)
65. Learn the basics of Photoshop.
66. Learn how to make a blog template using html and Photoshop.
67. Get my 2 tattoos. (2/2) I might actually get one more…
68. Organize my computer files. Including flash drives. (Done 8/6/09)
69. Find a therapist. (I’m changing this to Acupunturist. I don’t need a Therapist. Everyone else does.)
70. Read the newspaper everyday.
71. Watch Gone With the Wind, Doctor Zhivago, Great Expectations, The Maltese Falcon (it was okay- I liked Humphrey Bogart but didn’t know what all the fuss was about the movie.), La Dolce Vita, Casablanca , North by Northwest (didn’t like), Rear Window, 39 Steps, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Psycho, Notorious, Dial M for Murder (liked!) and Spellbound (it was okay). With popcorn. (4/14)
72. Re-read Sherlock Holmes.
73. Blog about each completed item.
Okay, a few things accomplished, mostly involving needles…
Greening my life
74. Make net produce bags. (Done! 08/11)
75. Compost. (Produced my first batch of good compost Spring 2010)
76. Collect rainwater- ask for barrel for Christmas! (MR bought me a barrel for my birthday 2010)
77. Grow herbs every year.
Wow! I completed everything on this list! Go me.
78. Balustrades and newel posts for the upstairs stairwell. (Done! Thanks Dad!)
79. Replace the ceiling and tile in the upstairs bathroom. (Done 10/10!)
80. Change the theme of the upstairs bathroom.
81. New baseboard molding in the kitchen.
82. Start cleaning out the basement for TV room. (Almost done.)
83. Start demolition on the downstairs bathroom.
84. Make the fountain for the backyard.
85. Finish walkways in backyard.
86. Follow Flylady everyday.
The upstairs hallway project took longer than I expected, but with the exception of a few touchups, the hallway and bathroom is done.
Renew relationship with St. Andrew’s. I’m revising this one too. I need to go back to church. I don’t necessarily NEED to go back to St. A’s. I’ve been going on and off (mostly off) for a year now. Has anyone contacted me to see how I am? Noooo…
88. Engage in 25 random acts of kindness. (3/25)
89. Read the Bible.
90. List 100 things that make me happy in a blog. (Done 10/2/09)
91. Participate in 5 community service activities. (0/5)
92. Meditate every day. Try not to fall asleep.
93. Sketch and doodle in new sketchbook.
94. See beauty everyday. Blog or put it down in sketchbook.
Not feeling very spiritual, I guess.
95. New digital SLR camera (Done 10/26/09)
96. A pistol
97. A drawer dishwasher
98. A dual flush toilet for the downstairs bathroom
99. A sink for the downstairs bathroom
100. A new refrigerator for the basement (Bought a freezer instead. 10/26/09)
101. A new hybrid car
No big purchases except for the camera and the freezer. No money, no buying…
So starting next Saturday, my new list is as follows. Here goes:
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific with a result that is either measurable or defined.
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows several months or seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: May 19, 2012
End Date: February 14, 2015 (Valentine’s Day!)
1. Lose 30 pounds (0/30)
2. Find a hairstyle and color I love.
3. Maintain a workout schedule of at least 3 days a week at the gym.
4. Practice yoga at least 4 days a week.
5. Run every day.
6. Continue going to the dentist to have my teeth fixed.
7. Take my vitamins and herbs daily.
8. Drink more water.
9. Continue a “crunchy” lifestyle.
10. Visit the acupuncturist regularly.
11. Do a yearly “cleanse” (0/2).
12. Build up savings account to equal 6 months of salary (0/6).
13. Pay off one of Beena’s student loans.
14. Make Heartz and Craftz Parties official.
15. Have at least 4 Craftinistas onboard at Heartz and Craftz Parties.
16. Put coupon savings into ING account. Try to save $1,000 (0/1,000).
17. Continue to be credit card free.
18. Revamp my 401K.
Family and Friends
19. Make and follow monthly meal plan. Remember to keep it healthy.
20. Try a new recipe once a month (0/32).
21. Teach Zombiegirl how to cook. Let her cook once a month (0/32).
22. Practice OAMC (0/32).
23. Make grape jelly from scratch (using the grapes from Dad’s grapevine). Enlist the girl’s help.
24. Meet a long lost friend for lunch.
25. Throw an annual “Sparkletini” party. Build it bigger every year.
26. Go shopping more with the girls.
27. Plan MR and my 50th birthday vacation.
28. Plan our 15th Wedding Anniversary celebration.
29. Do something special for Zombiegirl’s 8th grade graduation.
30. Send handmade birthday cards and greeting cards to everyone in my calendar. And NOT late.
32. Run a mini-marathon.
33. Attend school board meetings regularly.
34. Finish all the projects in the sewing room.
35. Make all my own Christmas cards. (0/2)
36. Make 50% of all my Christmas gifts. (0/3)
37. Promote the new business at craft sales and fairs.
38. Make an article of clothing and wear it to work.
39. Clean out, paint, decorate and organize sewing room.
40. Learn how to crochet a granny square.
41. Make more Halloween props for Halloween. Fix/upgrade the old ones.
42. Make Christmas tree skirt (ties? quilt?)
43. Finish Zombiegirl’s Christmas stocking.
44. Finish my Christmas stocking.
45. Learn to quilt. Attend quilting class at St. A’s.
46. Finish putting together dollhouse and electrifying it.
47. Finish two felt Advent calendars (0/2).
48. Start refinishing and repurposing old furniture.
49. Visit 2 states I’ve never been to before. (0/2)
50. Hike 2 more sections of the Appalachian trail,one of them overnite. (0/2)
51. Take a “real” family vacation.
52. Play “tourist” in NY once a month (0/32).
53. Try five new restaurants (0/5).
54. See a ballgame at Yankee Stadium.
55. Visit Homer Laughlin China Co. in Newel, WV.
56. Go to the Wadefest in PA with Utah.
Just for Me
57. Get my Pistol Permit
58. Upload all our CD’s into our hard drive
59. Work with Beena to get our scrapbooking done.
60. Finish Beena’s school scrapbook.
61. Plant vegetable garden and herb garden.
62. Can, preserve and/or freeze homegrown vegetables and/or vegetables from CSA.
63. Keep a garden journal for home and beach house. Include herbs and herb usage.
64. Put all our VHS tapes onto DVD’s.
65. Help dad get the Mustang on the road.
66. Get passports for the whole family.
67. Cross one more thing off my bucket list (0/1).
68. Learn the basics of Photoshop.
69. Learn more about DSLR Photography.
70. Learn how to make a blog template using html and Photoshop.
71. Become conversational in Spanish.
72. Write more. Finish a few chapters.
73. Watch Gone With the Wind, Doctor Zhivago, Great Expectations, La Dolce Vita, Casablanca , Rear Window, 39 Steps, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Psycho and Notorious. With popcorn. (0/10)
74. Blog more.
75. Make basement into family room.
76. Start construction on the downstairs bathroom.
77. Replace dining room floor with ceramic tile
78. Paint living room floor
79. Spackle and paint foyer
80. Re-upholster couch and chairs.
81. Make the fountain for the backyard.
82. Finish walkways in backyard.
83. Follow Flylady everyday.
84. Fix TV cabinet and rewire for DVD player.
85. Keep a dream journal and/or synchronicity journal.
86. Read the Bible daily.
87. Revisit my happy list in the blog. Frequently.
88. Count my blessings in a blog post.
89. Build St. A’s youth group up into something phenomenal.
90. Sketch and doodle in sketchbook.
91. See beauty everyday. Blog or put it down in sketchbook.
92. Volunteer at assisted living home.
93. Comment more on the blogs I read. Tell people how much I like their writing.
95. A pistol.
96. A new laptop.
97. A canner.
98. New stair runner and carpet in upstairs hallway.
99. A dual flush toilet for the downstairs bathroom.
100. A sink for the downstairs bathroom.
101. A new hybrid car.