This list took me almost a month to compile! I wonder if that says something about me? Hmmm….
These are in no particular order. And it’s a given that my family in general makes me happy! (On most days, at least.)
1. Hugging Zombiegirl. Getting hugs back.
2. The smell of a thunderstorm or rainstorm.
3. Hilton Head, SC
4. Riverhead, Long Island
5. Savannah, GA
6. Fresh tomatoes.
7. An email saying my library book is in.
8. Seeing my husband and child when they pick me up from the train/bus.
9. Hearing my husband and child’s laugh when they’re joking with each other.
10. Really clean windows.
11. Completing a sewing project.
12. Watching Zombiegirl play soccer.
13. Having Parker call me “Mrs. Reichert” or “Mamasoo.”
14. Soy yogurt, granola and mandarin oranges.
15. Not having to deal with stupid CAFM managers.
16. The words “I love you” whispered in my ear.
17. The feel of sand in underneath my feet.
18. Speaking of feet, having my husband rub them.
19. And pedicures.
20. Getting mail, but not bills.
21. Playing with the nieces and nephews.
22. America’s Funniest Home Videos, iCarly and Wipeout.
23. Going for a coffee run with friends.
24. Looking in people’s windows at night.
25. A lone voice singing “Amazing Grace”.
26. Looking at my wedding pictures and pictures of my kids when they were little.
27. Frozen Charleston Chews.
29. Pecan pie.
30. Sweet potatoes. Any shape, any form.
31. Gardening. Planting. Pruning. Weeding.
32. Garden Gnomes.
33. Fiestaware. All shapes, all colors, all styles- old and new.
34. Iced coffee, peppermint tea and chai.
35. Kissing the kid goodnight. Saying “Sweet dreambles.” Giving “dream dust.”
36. When the kid has a sleepover and the guest knows to ask for “dream dust.”
37. Watching Beena drive.
38. Saying the Lord’s Prayer. Hearing a multitude of voices saying it with me.
40. A hot shower after a workout or a long day at work.
41. Flannel pajamas. All day long.
42. A massage, a facial and a sauna.
44. Having dinner with all my family.
45. Seeing my friend Eileen.
46. Shopping in thrift stores and antique stores.
47. Hearing Beena speak “Math”.
48. Finishing a sudoku.
49. A really good book. Or the next book in a series I’m reading.
50. Indian food. Thai food.
51. MR’s smell. Especially when he comes out of 7-11.
52. Flowers, plants and veggies. All homegrown.
53. Spending a lazy day in bed watching a series (Dexter, Gilmore Girls) on DVD.
54. Hugs from my CAFM team when I see them once a month.
55. Ryan’s face when she laughs, and Ruddyna’s snort!
56. Baking with the kids.
57. Going new places. It doesn’t matter where!
58. Going to soccer practice/games and seeing my soccer moms.
59. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas season. If they’re not hectic… I could list 100 things that make me happy during the holidays alone!
60. The colors orange and chartreuse. Even better when they’re together.
61. In a canoe.
62. Seeing the recipient’s face when they open a gift made/given by me.
63. Thinking of Mom, Nana Ethel and Uncle Robbie.
64. Cow creamers and all things Cow Parade.
65. When I remember to take my reusable bags to the grocery store.
66. Babies and toddlers. Even if I’m not related to them. And this DOESN’T MEAN I WANT TO BE A GRANDMA.
67. Will Smith movies. Johnny Depp movies. Tim Burton movies.
68. Wine tastings on Long Island. Vodka tastings on Long Island.
70. Hiking and camping.
71. A hot bath. Preferable with a book and a glass of wine.
72. Wrapping presents. Opening presents. Blowing out candles.
73. When my outfit works. And someone notices it.
75. The day after I dye my hair.
76. A new notebook or pad of paper.
77. A good pen or marker. Office supplies in general.
78. Finding dimes with MR.
79. A nap on the train. Hell- naps in general!
80. The piccolo player in Penn Station. He plays songs like Gilligan’s Island and the theme from F-Troop. I always give him a dollar.
81. A new friend request on Facebook.
82. When one of the blogs on my blog roll updates.
83. When Beena comments on my blog.
84. Butterflies, lady bugs and lolcats.
85. A cold beer with lime. A cold white Riesling or Gewurztraminer. Amaretto on the rocks. Jack Daniels and lemonade. Ice wine.
86. New clothes, a new Coach bag, new shoes or new piece of jewelry. Or all of the above.
87. Seeing the results of my hard work.
88. Feeding animals. Wild animals. Not the ones that live at home.
89. Carnivals. Rides. Cotton Candy. Ferris Wheels. Fireworks.
90. Globes and pictures of the earth.
91. Uniforms. Groups in uniforms. Fleet week. Firemen.
92. Harry Potter.
93. The smell of fresh laundry.
94. Watching OUR shows.
95. My favorite blanket.
97. Pretzels with mustard from the pushcart guys.
99. Sewing and creating.
100. Chocolate. Specifically dark or spicy.