I can’t move. The ONLY thing that doesn’t hurt on my body are my fingers. I’m sure my trainer, Mike C. will excersie those soon, too. My brain even hurts! I thought working out was supposed to clear the cobwebs out of your head. Oh, wait. I’m not working out right now…I’m in pain. Pain clouds the thought process, right? Right?
I’m going to list here for posterity the workout I get every time I go to the gym. This way I can remember what to do when my training sessions are over and maybe glean a little sympathy from you. Please? Just a little?
Okay, here goes. And it hurts to relive this…
- 5 minutes on the treadmill to warm up. I can’t figure out how to read how fast I’m going- I just know it’s on “3.5.” I’ll check next time I go.
- 3 reps of 12 bicep curls with 6lb. weights in each hand.
- 3 reps of 12 shoulder presses with 6lb. weights in each hand.
- 3 reps of 12 lateral raises with 6lb. weights in each hand.
- 3 reps of 12 low row on rowing weight machine using 30lbs.
- 3 reps of 12 Ab crunches using a 10lb. medicine ball. Alternating twisting then handing off to Mike.
- 3 reps of 12 Ab crunches, legs raised, reach for toes.
- 2 reps of 10 pull ups on this monster…The Gravitron.
(After a few reps on this, I couldn’t even raise myself. Mike was lifting me with one hand…)
Followed by 6 minutes on the Elliptical machine. That’s all I could take, my knees were burning.
I’m not complaining. (Well, a little.) I NEED to do this. I’m sick of my flabby body. I just haven’t exerted myself this much in many, many years. Most of the time the pain feels good. I know it’s doing SOMETHING. I just never expected the ache to be this bad. And I know it goes away. Usually just in time for another torture session.