I recently found this awesome idea on this blog. Y’all know how much I like making resolutions and how much I like NOT keeping them! But I’m going to try this and roll all of my resolutions into one list. I think my problem is not setting a deadline. My resolutions are more like life changes, but life moves on and I “forget” or become preoccupied with something else. This way I have a list, and a deadline to think about. I think I can clean up my life in three years!
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific with a result that is either measurable or defined.
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows several months or seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: August 5, 2009
End Date: May 12, 2012
1. Lose 30 pounds (0/30)
2. Fit into old pair of jeans- the ones in my bottom drawer.
3. Complete 6 sessions with Tameko, my trainer. (0/6)
4. Maintain a workout schedule of at least 3 days a week at the gym.
5. Practice yoga at least 4 days a week.
6. No cheating with bacon. Or meatballs. Unless it’s deer.
7. Have a green salad once a day.
8. Cut back the pre-made veggie burgers to once a week.
9. Buy and use the Diva Cup.
10. Continue going to the dentist to have my teeth fixed.
11. Take my vitamins and herbs daily.
12. Put makeup on everyday. At home, before I leave. Not at work or on the train.
13. Blog about the progress of these Body items on the first of every month.
14. Build up savings account to equal 6 months of salary.
15. Fix credit report.
16. Refinance the house.
17. Get quotes on new insurance for house and car.
18. Secure 2 more years of student loans for Beena.
19. Sell stuff on Ebay.
20. Transfer coupon savings into ING account. Try to save $700 a year.
Family and Friends
21. Arrange ceremony to scatter Mom’s ashes.
22. Spend more time with Dad.
23. Attend Beena’s college graduation.
24. Attend Zombiegirl’s 5th grade graduation.
25. Have Communion party for Zombiegirl.
26. Celebrate Beena’s 21st birthday in a big way.
27. Be active in PTA for 5th grade.
28. Write or email my aunts regularly.
29. Make and follow family meal plan. Remember to keep it healthy.
30. Meet a long lost friend for lunch.
31. Have a “no reason” dinner party.
32. Go shopping more with the girls.
33. Yearly camping trip or rent a house with soccer families.
34. Yearly “Mom’s” overnight trip. (0/3)
35. Go out with “Mom’s” once a month. (0/33)
36. Plan MR and my 50th birthday party.
37. Send handmade birthday cards to everyone in my calendar. And NOT late.
38. Do not gossip or rant about friends to friends.
40. Finish all the alterations on that pile of clothes in the sewing room.
41. Build up my Etsy shop and sell something.
42. Make all my own Christmas cards. (0/3)
43. Make 50% of all my Christmas gifts. (0/3)
44. Make enough merchandise to rent my own table at craft sales.
45. Make an article of clothing and wear it to work.
46. Clean out and organize sewing room.
47. Make mirror for living room using broken Fiesta pieces.
48. Learn how to crochet a granny square.
49. Finish MR’s Christmas stocking.
50. Visit 2 states I’ve never been to before. (0/2)
51. Hike 2 more sections of the Appalachian trail. Overnite. (0/2)
52. Take a “real” family vacation. (0/1)
53. Play “tourist” in NY once a month. (0/33)
54. Try five new restaurants. (0/5)
55. Go to new Citi Field and new Yankee Stadium. (0/2)
Just for Me
56. Get my Pistol Permit
57. Upload all our CD’s into our hard drive
58. Scrapbook 2008 photos in 2011.
59. Scrapbook 2007 photos in 2010.
60. Scrapbook 2006 photos in 2009.
61. Finish Beena’s school scrapbook.
62. Help dad get the Mustang on the road.
63. Get passports for the whole family.
64. Cross 3 things off my bucket list. (0/3)
65. Learn the basics of Photoshop.
66. Learn how to make a blog template using html and Photoshop.
67. Get my 2 tattoos. (0/2)
68. Organize my computer files. Including flash drives.
69. Find a therapist.
70. Read the newspaper everyday.
71. Watch Gone With the Wind, Doctor Zhivago, Great Expectations, The Maltese Falcon, La Dolce Vita, Casablanca , North by Northwest, Rear Window, 39 Steps, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Psycho, Notorious, Dial M for Murder and Spellbound. With popcorn. (0/14)
72. Re-read Sherlock Holmes.
73. Blog about each completed item.
Greening my life
74. Make net produce bags.
76. Collect rainwater- ask for barrel for Christmas!
77. Grow herbs every year.
78. Balustrades and newel posts for the upstairs stairwell.
79. Replace the ceiling and tile in the upstairs bathroom.
80. Change the theme of the upstairs bathroom.
81. New baseboard molding in the kitchen.
82. Start cleaning out the basement for TV room.
83. Start demolition on the downstairs bathroom.
84. Make the fountain for the backyard.
85. Finish walkways in backyard.
86. Follow Flylady everyday.
87. Renew relationship with St. Andrew’s.
88. Engage in 25 random acts of kindness. (0/25)
89. Read the Bible.
90. List 100 things that make me happy in a blog.
91. Participate in 5 community service activities. (0/5)
92. Maintain St. A’s website.
93. Sketch and doodle in new sketchbook.
94. See beauty everyday. Blog or put it down in sketchbook.
95. New digital SLR camera
96. A pistol
97. A drawer dishwasher
98. A dual flush toilet for the downstairs bathroom
99. A sink for the downstairs bathroom
100. A new refrigerator for the basement
101. A new hybrid car